NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Elbit Imaging (EMITF) is rocketing higher on Tuesday after announcing Gamida Cell Ltd, which Elbit's subsidiary Elbit Medical Technologies holds 30.8% voting power in, had received an acquisition proposal from a pharmaceutical company.
By midafternoon, Elbit Imaging shares had climbed 37.3% to 28 cents. Trading volume of 8.4 million was nearly nine times higher than its three-month daily average.
"The proposed consideration for such purchase is expected to include a payment of a significant amount upon closing, as well as certain milestone-based payments (contingent upon development, regulatory approvals or sales related to Gamida Cell's product), with such proposed consideration expected to amount to up to several hundred million dollars," the company said in a statement.
The Israel-based business said no definitive agreement had been signed nor did it disclose which global pharmaceutical company had made the offer.Elbit Imaging holds 86% voting power in Elbit Medical Technologies. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. EMITF data by YCharts Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV