NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- xG Technology (XGTI) was up 33.1% to $3.58 this afternoon after announcing that its cognitive radio software is ready for wide release. The wireless communications company had previously released its xMax broadband networking equipment on conditional availability to select consumers.
xG specializes in cognitive or smart radio technology that allows radio transceivers to pick up and use pockets of free spectrum within already purchased spectrum without disrupting their service and conforming to FCC standards.
"We are excited to release these enhanced capabilities to our customers' networks via over-the-air software updates," said John Coleman, CEO of xG Technology. "This underscores one of the core benefits of leveraging advanced software defined radio technology in xMax. It enables xG to rapidly deliver feature and capability updates via software-only rollouts, versus hardware upgrades and replacements required by competitive solutions."
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV