AKRON, Ohio, March 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company's (NASDAQ: GT) newest blimp took to the skies Monday for its maiden flight. The test flight is part of a comprehensive training program Goodyear pilots and crew will undergo over the next two months. The new blimp will officially be ready to begin travelling to cities around the United States after a formal christening ceremony this summer.
The blimp is an all-new, state-of-the-art version that is larger, faster, more maneuverable than previous models, and builds on the company's legacy as the world's leading builder and operator of airships. The blimp's speed was on display Monday as the ship, aided by a tail wind, eclipsed 80 miles per hour.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 69,000 people and manufactures its products in 52 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV