GALAXY S5 on Rogers LTE network to bring customers what's next in mobile video experiences
First 10,000 to reserve device get a virtual $50 Rogers Prepaid MasterCard loaded in their suretap wallet
TORONTO, March 18, 2014 /CNW/ - Today, Samsung Canada announced what Canadians can expect from the GALAXY S5 when it hits stores April 11. Arriving at Rogers with the suretap™ wallet, paired with wearable technology and powered by the Rogers LTE network, customers will get the ultimate mobile experience.
"Our customers will have an unbelievable smartphone experience with the S5," said John Boynton, executive vice president and chief marketing officer, Rogers Communications. "With accessories and apps that make life better, crisp mobile video on Rogers LTE, and easy mobile payments, customers can expect their S5 from Rogers to keep them connected in a whole new way.""We are excited to introduce the GALAXY S5, designed for what matters most to Canadians," said Paul Brannen, senior vice president, enterprise and mobile solutions, Samsung Canada. "This device features the most advanced LTE and Wi-Fi performance available today, along with our iconic design and most innovative features. We are confident that the GALAXY S5 will help Canadians Play More, Do More and Share More." Here is a preview of what customers will experience when they get their Samsung GALAXY S5 from Rogers:
- Ready to Tap and Shop with suretap wallet: The Samsung GALAXY S5 will arrive mobile-payment-ready with the suretap wallet, an app that lets customers tap and securely make payments using their smartphones. The first 10,000 new and existing customers who reserve and buy the GALAXY S5 using the online Rogers Reservation System will get a virtual $50 Rogers Prepaid MasterCard loaded in their suretap wallet, to spend however they want.
- Ultimate Video Experiences: When customers light up their GALAXY S5 on Rogers LTE, they will access a super-fast highway that is perfect for smooth HD video streaming and downloading rich online content with virtually no buffering or lag.
- Exclusive Connected Gear: Customers will have access to Samsung's complete lineup of new Gear wearables including the Gear Fit, Gear 2, and Gear 2 Neo, which will be exclusively available with Rogers. These wearables extend the smartphone to your wrist with real-time notifications and help keep fitness goals on track with a built in pedometer and heart rate sensor.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV