KitLocate developed a low-power geolocation technology for mobile devices. The startup has an SDK that makes it easy for iOS and Android developers to add location services to their apps. Those location services include geo-fences, motion detection, and social location.
The entire KitLocate team in now part of the Russian search giant Yandex.
TheStreet Ratings team rates YANDEX NV as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate YANDEX NV (YNDX) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's net income has been quite unimpressive."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- YNDX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 16.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The gross profit margin for YANDEX NV is currently very high, coming in at 70.58%. Regardless of YNDX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, YNDX's net profit margin of 27.35% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.35, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry average. The net income increased by 5.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $92.55 million to $97.46 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: YNDX Ratings Report