- Launches industry's first software solution for intelligent utilization of multiple encoding resources, regardless of the platform
- Enables TV service providers to address the growing consumer demand for high quality TV Anywhere experiences across all devices
- Ensures best-in-class video processing performance and picture quality, while allowing most agile use of platforms and technology improvements
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, March 18, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In Ericsson's (Nasdaq:ERIC) vision of the Networked Society there will be 50 billion connected devices by 2020, 15 billion of which will be video enabled. The proliferation of these devices, combined with consumer willingness to pay for high quality, premium content, is resulting in a new age of TV Anywhere. Today's TV service providers must deal with an ever-growing level of infrastructure complexity to deliver high quality video anywhere, anytime and to any device, faster than their existing and new competitors.
As they strive to address consumer demand for TV Anywhere, TV service providers have had to make choices between balancing investment, architecture and video compression performance with their multi-screen video processing deployments. This has been especially true as service providers look to address both linear and live TV services and the rapid growth of on-demand services.
In response to this, Ericsson is launching Ericsson Virtualized Encoding, the industry's first unified software solution designed to remove the complexity of TV Anywhere video processing. The new solution is completely task and service-oriented, intelligently allocating resources and simplifying the process of selecting the right encoding method and platform based on the operator's priorities for deployment speed, video quality and output. It eliminates complexity, enables more efficient resource utilization and bandwidth management and bridges the gap between broadcast and IT infrastructures, allowing deployment of enhanced TV services much more quickly.Michelle Abrahams, Senior Analyst at research firm SNL Kagan MRG says: "Ericsson's new virtualized encoding solution provides an answer for customers who increasingly need to prepare content in more formats for more screens than ever before. It will allow them to choose their encoding infrastructure based on factors important to them such as performance, density, and time to market."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV