ORLANDO, Fla., March 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Enterprise Connect – The Enterprise division of Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) is today introducing new communications capabilities to help businesses keep pace with consumer technology developments by providing a collaborative environment where business communications and applications enhance efficiency at work and adopt new ways to control IT costs.
Alcatel-Lucent OpenTouch 2.0 delivers a complete set of unified communications and collaboration functionalities, specifically designed to meet the needs of both population profiles: the multimedia user who needs the new collaborative, mobile workstyle, and the desk-bound telephony user looking for an instant business response and office based interactions.
These new capabilities natively support video, integrate naturally into the desktop, expand the mobile experience with multiple device support per user on a single license, and provide greater telephony capabilities for businesses that still need the phone as a lifeline to operations.
About OpenTouch 2.0 Applications
- OpenTouch Conversation for PC creates a powerful collaboration between employees, providing benefit to the business. As the newest in a series of modern and elegant collaborative conversation interfaces, OpenTouch Conversation for PC ties together audio, video, and web conferencing into a single interface with an updated instant message and presence management experience. It leverages OpenTouch's innovative capabilities such as the seamless session shift, which allows users to continue an important business conversation whilst changing from one device to another, without interruption.
- OpenTouch Connection is the desktop user interface for desk-bound telephony intensive users who benefit by leveraging key UC&C tools like instant messaging, presence and audio conferencing. OpenTouch Connection helps to create a virtual team environment to collaborate with peers, partners and even with customers.
- OpenTouch Conversation for Web extends unified communications beyond the business to customers and partners with a click. It is a zero-touch, light client for real-time web communication utilizing the latest generation of HTML5 to provide conferencing, collaboration, instant messaging and real-time file sharing. Simply share the conference's url with internal and external contacts and open the workspace to any user without the typical requirement of a plug-in. OpenTouch Conversation for Web simplifies unified communications and is available on most common web browsers.
- New modern DeskPhones increase real-time efficiency. The release of the Alcatel-Lucent Premium DeskPhone family rejuvenates the desk-bound worker experience. Employees can access the whole enterprise directory at a glance, while the in-call clarity is facilitated with an unprecedented high quality audio. The award-wining Alcatel-Lucent 8082 My IC Phone is now available with a new interface, designed specifically for telephony uses.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts