ORLANDO, Fla., March 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Enterprise Connect -- The Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) Enterprise division is today introducing a suite of business communications and collaboration applications delivered as a service (AaaS) for individual employees, complete teams or departments of any size, allowing businesses to harness the potential of the cloud for themselves and their customers.
As applications transcend daily life in the workplace - presenting new challenges to corporate IT departments in the process - cloud technology is increasingly becoming viable for delivering these applications. This is prompting businesses to find new models for connecting their employees anywhere and anytime on any device.
For a growing number of enterprise employees, their digital lives are no longer confined to a single device, nor defined by how and by what means content is delivered. This freedom creates exciting new opportunities. Offered as a cloud-hosted overlay, the OpenTouch Personal Cloud (OTPC) enables enterprise end users to select the communications solutions that best fit their needs. Businesses are able to deploy these solutions without experiencing an outage in existing services, plus there are no up-front costs nor new technology to install. Delivered through Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise channel business partners, OTPC offers businesses a collection of applications, on an as needed, per-users basis. They are designed to help user communities solve particular communication pain points in their day-to-day working lives.
All OTPC applications are accesible via web browsers on PCs or Apple's Mac OS ®, and also via dedicated apps on smartphones and tablets. The initial three applications available in 2014 via OTPC include:
- OpenTouch Conference – OpenTouch Conference (OTCF) goes beyond traditional audio conferencing and web meetings. It enables enterprise users to join faster, easily control the meeting, and share with-a-click via the cloud on any device. Working with technology partner LoopUp, and its popular conferencing and meeting management product, OpenTouch Conference is an as-a-service, business professional, high quality conferencing tool.
- OpenTouch Video Store – Capitalizing on the power of video, OpenTouch Video Store (OTVS) enables employees to create and securely share video content as an effective communications tool to learn, improve productivity, create awareness and enhance interactions amongst employees. Available to external and internal contacts, OTVS helps contain costs and gives each employee the ability to create, access and share knowledge and information. OTVS is also ideal for education, technical support and to foster innovation across the enterprise.
- OpenTouch Team Share – The growing amount of data and documents available is driving the need for enterprises to find tools that enable file sharing and sync, project management, and team collaboration via the cloud. OpenTouch Team Share (OTTS) offers an enterprise-grade, cloud-based file sharing tool that also enables project teams to share, control and follow up on existing projects efficiently by gaining access to the information anytime, from any device.
- Employees and teams are able to address communications needs by selecting applications that meet business requirements with minimum IT involvement.
- IT departments deliver services to user communities from a range of pre-approved communications applications deployed as an overlay on any existing system, that doesn't require capital investment or training and does not disrupt other services.
- CIOs and CFOs appreciate that the Personal Cloud applications can be delivered on existing communications infrastructure, protecting cash flow, exceptional cost predictability and pay-as-you-go options, and shifting CAPEX to OPEX.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV