SURPRISE, Ariz., March 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Athena Wireless Communications, Inc. today announced that they will be exhibiting at the International Wireless Communications Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada March 26-27, 2014. Athena Wireless will be showcasing their NEW Pixie™ LTE small cell powered by the Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM) OCTEON Fusion baseband processor and their NEW Phoenix 80 GHz GigE backhaul link. Both units enable very fast, simple deployment and practically zero footprint. The Pixie can support up to 64 simultaneous users and the Phoenix offers 1000 Mbps data throughput both coming and going.
"Our Pixie™ small cell now supports LTE band 14, so we are 'FirstNet ready'," said Eduardo Tinoco, CEO of Athena Wireless. "LTE is vitally important in public safety communications – for example, delivering true broadband services from onsite such as video from emergency situations and for static monitoring / surveillance purposes. These complement existing narrowband channels. We're excited to showcase these at IWCE."
"The units are small, only about the size of a smoke detector, which is great for both ease of installation and for aesthetic reasons. You don't have to make room for a big, ugly box to have LTE access," continues Tinoco, "plus Athena Wireless works with system integrators and OEMs to be a key part of a 'total solution.' One example would be an OEM installing just the Pixie™ card into a larger system to give both Wi-Fi and LTE capability. Another benefit is to significantly reduce the strain on existing networks at a lower cost through higher spectrum reuse in heterogeneous network (HetNet) deployments, where we can fill in existing macro cell coverage with these smaller small cells to increase capacity. Having these two types of cells work together in the same network helps ensure a seamless end-user experience by optimizing both network coverage and capacity."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV