Mr. Patel has more than 19 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry. Prior to OncoMed, Mr. Patel held executive roles with multiple biotechnology companies, including BiPar Sciences, Connetics Corporation and Abgenix, Inc. He has played a leadership role in driving more than $8 billion in strategic licensing and M&A transactions, including leading OncoMed's strategic transactions with Bayer and Celgene and managing the collaborative efforts with GSK. Earlier in his career, he was a management consultant with McKinsey & Company. He currently serves on the Board of Directors and is a member of the audit committee of Ligand Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Mr. Patel holds a B.S. in Chemistry from the University of California, Berkeley, and an M.S. in Molecular Biotechnology / Bioengineering from the University of Washington.
"Sunil has played a critical role here at OncoMed for the last five years. In structuring our collaborations and overseeing our alliances, he has significantly contributed to the company's operations and the management of financial resources. Sunil's deep understanding of our business and the industry position him well for success in this expanded role," said Mr. Hastings. "On behalf of OncoMed's Board of Directors and the entire company, I want to thank Will for his significant contribution to OncoMed's success over the past seven years. We all wish him the best as he takes on a new opportunity with a private company."
Anticipated 2014 Milestones and Guidance
Upcoming clinical milestones include the following:
- Initiate the randomized Phase 2 portion of the ALPINE and PINNACLE clinical trials of OMP-59R5 in pancreatic cancer and small cell lung cancer, respectively
- Begin randomized Phase 2 clinical studies of demcizumab in non-small cell lung cancer and pancreatic cancer
- Complete patient enrollment in the ongoing Phase 1a clinical studies of vantictumab and OMP-54F28
- File an Investigational New Drug (IND) application with the US Food and Drug Administration for OMP-305B83 (anti-DLL4/anti-VEGF bispecific)
- Present clinical and preclinical data at upcoming scientific and medical conferences
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV