NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The drought in availability of cheap stocks is man-made as investors continue bidding up valuations. But there are still value stocks to be found, such as Rofin-Sinar Technologies
(RSTI) trading recently at $23.18.
The laser-solutions company is trading inexpensively relative to its net current assets value. The new double net -- trading at between one and two times its NCAV -- is certainly not a well-known name. Rofin-Sinar has significant operations in Germany, and remained profitable through the last recession.
On the negative side, Rofin-Sinar's revenue stagnated in recent years, falling from $598 million in 2011, to $540 million in 2012, and recovering somewhat to $560 million this past year. Its first quarter results for 2014 showed a 15% revenue decline. Profit margins have been declining as well. The company bottom-lined 10.1% of revenue in 2011; that fell to 6.2% in 2013.
While that may not paint a rosy picture for this cyclical company, it is also the reason that the company currently trades at just 1.98 times NCAV, and less than 1.2 times book value per share. The balance sheet is solid, and the company ended its latest quarter with $145 million or $5.13 per share in cash and short-term marketable securities, and just $19 million in total debt.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV