THE WOODLANDS, Texas, March 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CB&I (NYSE: CBI) today announced it has been awarded a contract by Bechtel valued in excess of US$625 million (approximately A$690 million) to provide structural, mechanical and piping construction work for all outside battery limits modules and associated units for the Chevron-operated Wheatstone Project at Ashburton North in Western Australia.
"CB&I is proud of its 75-year history in Australia, where we have an excellent safety performance and a successful LNG track record," said Patrick K. Mullen, President of CB&I's Engineering, Construction and Maintenance operating group. "This award builds on CB&I's involvement in many of the major LNG and other oil and gas projects in this important region of the world."
About CB&I CB&I (NYSE:CBI) is the most complete energy infrastructure focused company in the world and a major provider of government services. With 125 years of experience and the expertise of approximately 55,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality. For more information, visit www.cbi.com.
About the Wheatstone ProjectThe Chevron-operated Wheatstone Project is one of Australia's largest resource projects. Located at Ashburton North, 12 kilometres west of Onslow in Western Australia, the project will consist of two LNG trains with a combined capacity of 8.9 million tonnes per annum and a domestic gas plant. The Wheatstone Project is a joint venture between Australian subsidiaries of Chevron, Apache Corporation, Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company (KUFPEC), Shell and Kyushu Electric Power Company (Kyushu) together with PE Wheatstone Pty Ltd (part owned by TEPCO).Important Information For Investors And Shareholders Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV