March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Gaiam, Inc., the leading distributor of lifestyle media, today announced the release of
Colleen Saidman Yee's
Calorie Killer Yoga available
digitally and on DVD. In her second solo DVD, Saidman offers five unique practices that work to increase metabolism, strength, flexibility, balance, and focus.
Perfect for those looking for a more dynamic workout,
Calorie Killer Yoga combines the mind-body aspects of a yoga practice with the benefits of cardio exercise.
"I wanted to create a calorie-burning practice that everyone can do at home to build stamina," Saidman says. "I combined very active flow sequences with strength poses that work together to provide great, total body conditioning."
Calorie Killer Yoga features five yoga practices. The first three build upon one another for the complete metabolic workout. The final two practices are complimentary, aiming to energize the body and focus the mind.
- Constant Cardio (20 minutes) – Fat-burning yoga practice ignites the metabolism. The body will be in constant motion as it builds heat and torches calories.
- Energy & Endurance (20 minutes) – Focuses on increasing endurance and building strength while helping create long lines and tone muscle.
- Sustained Burn (20 minutes) - Sustains calorie burn by building and maintaining heat in the body. Teaches how moving purposefully from one pose to the next keeps the heart rate elevated to achieve calorie-killing results long after the workout is complete.
- Rise & Shine (15 minutes) - Learn how starting each day with a sun salutation invigorates the body to burn calories all day long.
- Balance & Restore (15 minutes) - Slower, gentler practice to balance and focus the mind, while increasing flexibility and muscle tone.
"Research tells us that fitness and flexibility are the most common drivers for yoga participation," says
, SVP of Marketing at Gaiam. "Gaiam worked with
Colleen Saidman Yee
to develop a program that bridges the gap between the spiritual and physical benefits of yoga.
Calorie Killer Yoga
combines the mind-focused aspects of yoga that help to reduce stress and combat unhealthy eating habits with an intense cardio workout."
Colleen Saidman Yee's
Calorie Killer Yoga
is available on
March 18, 2014
digitally on iTunes. The DVD can be found on Gaiam.com, Amazon.com, Target, and wherever DVDs are sold nationwide. It is approximately 90 minutes with a suggested retail price of
About Colleen Saidman
Colleen Saidman began practicing yoga in 1987, while using yoga as a compliment to her extreme athletic endeavors such as running, boxing, step aerobic classes, and basketball. In 1994, she suffered a back injury that led to surgery, and from that point on, yoga has been her entire regimen to which she is fully devoted, and believes it continues to heal her on so many levels. She graduated from Jivamukti's Teaching Training program in 1998 and has been teaching ever since. With her husband,
, they have developed a variety of yoga DVDs. In addition, they helped create and now co-direct Urban Zen's Integrative Yoga Therapist Program, a world-wide initiative of Donna Karan. Colleen has been featured in
New York Times
New York magazine
, and has been on the cover of
. Today, Saidman owns and directs the Yoga Shanti yoga studio in the Hamptons and conducts teacher trainings and retreats worldwide. In
, along with husband
and 3 others, Colleen has opened a 2
Yoga Shanti studio in
New York City
Gaiam, Inc. (Nasdaq: GAIA) is a leading producer and marketer of lifestyle media and fitness accessories. With a wide distribution network that consists of over 40,000 retail doors, close to 15,000 store within stores, 5,000 category management locations, along with e-commerce and digital subscriptions platforms, Gaiam is dedicated to providing solutions for healthy and eco-conscious living. The company dominates the health and wellness category. For more information about Gaiam, please visit
or call 1.800.869.3603.
SOURCE Gaiam, Inc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts