BATTLE CREEK, Mich., March 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Pringles ™ is introducing its first-ever tortilla chip – new Pringles ™ Tortillas – just in time for basketball tourney season. Loaded with taste bud-tingling ingredients, Pringles Tortillas satisfy practically any savory craving with three flavors: Original, Nacho Cheese and Southwestern Ranch. While retaining the iconic Pringles shape, Pringles Tortillas are thicker chips because they're made of corn, not potatoes. They're perfect for dipping, but their delicious flavors offer the true choice to either "dip 'em or don't."
While competitive bracket pools are known to be one of the key activities at a basketball tourney party, a recent survey commissioned by Pringles found that a variety of tasty snacks is the most important thing to make the party a success. And, 83% of respondents ages 18-24 say chips and dip score a spot on the menu when hosting a basketball viewing party—18% more than Buffalo wings and nearly three times as much as pigs in a blanket. Surprisingly, only half of men and women surveyed said that the actual games were their favorite part of a basketball viewing party. 1
" Pringles Tortillas are the brand's first new product since Kellogg Company acquired it in 2012, and this launch represents the first time that Pringles is introducing a tortilla chip," said Raj Joshi, vice president of Savory Snacks at Kellogg. " Pringles Tortillas are a unique chip that can be dipped, but like original Pringles, are delicious on their own."To help introduce Pringles Tortillas, the brand partnered with legendary point guard Earvin "Magic" Johnson, an NCAA Top-15 All-Time March Madness player who played at Michigan State University. Known for his playmaking on the court and energetic persona, Johnson also knows how to host the ultimate basketball viewing party.
- Money!: Brings the best snacks to the party
- MVP: Helps clean up when party's over
- Big Dipper: When enjoying Pringles Tortillas, the more dip, the better
- Swing Man: Dips or doesn't – loves Pringles Tortillas both ways
- It's a close call for who receives a ticket to your Ultimate Party Lineup guest list: 54% of survey respondents voted for 'Money!' (brings the best snacks), while 55% voted for 'MVP' (helps clean up when the party is over).
- When it comes to how people dip, 38% of survey participants most identify with the 'Big Dipper,' opting to overload on dip, while 35% identify with the 'Swing Man', who loves Pringles Tortillas whether you "dip 'em or don't".
- clicktotweet.com @Pringles teams up with @MagicJohnson to show partygoers how to "dip 'em or don't" with new #PringlesTortillas
- clicktotweet.com Visit www.UltimatePartyLineup.com to create your own Ultimate Party Lineup of partygoers with new #PringlesTortillas
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV