- ASV advanced $22.5 million, up 6% organically
- Adjusted EPS rose 10% to $1.22
NORWALK, Conn., March 18, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FactSet Research Systems Inc. (NYSE:FDS) (Nasdaq:FDS), a leading provider of integrated global financial information and analytical applications to the investment community, today announced its results for the second quarter of fiscal 2014.
For the quarter ended February 28, 2014, revenues increased to $226.9 million, up 7% over the prior year. Included in this total was $2 million from the acquisition of Matrix. Operating income was $75.1 million compared to $56.2 million in the year ago quarter. Net income was $52.4 million versus $44.5 million a year ago. Diluted earnings per share was $1.22 compared to $1.00 in the same period of fiscal 2013.
Adjusted operating income for the quarter was up 4% over the prior year. Adjusted operating income in the fiscal 2013 period excludes the prior year non-cash pre-tax charge of $15.7 million for vesting performance-based stock options. Adjusted net income advanced 6%. Adjusted net income in the year ago quarter excludes both the after-tax charge of $11.0 million related to performance-based stock options and $6.3 million in income tax benefits from the U.S. Federal R&D credit. Adjusted diluted EPS rose 10%. Prior year adjusted diluted EPS of $1.11 excludes the net effect of a $0.25 decrease for the vesting of performance-based options, partially offset by a $0.14 increase in diluted EPS from the U.S. Federal R&D credit.A reconciliation between GAAP and adjusted financial measures is presented on page 9 of this press release.
|Consolidated Statements of Income|
|(Condensed and Unaudited)|
|Three Months Ended February 28,|
|(In thousands, except per share data)||2014||2013||Change|
|Adjusted operating income||$75,054||$71,860||4%|
|Adjusted net income||$52,426||$49,281||6%|
|Adjusted diluted earnings per share||$1.22||$1.11||10%|
|Diluted weighted average shares||43,107||44,455|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV