Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today introduced the latest offering in its series of APX™ Series Project 25 (P25) Two-Way Radios: the APX 7000L Multi-Band Portable Radio with LTE, which was specifically designed to meet the evolving technical and challenging deployment needs of U.S. federal law enforcement. The APX 7000L operates on both Long Term Evolution (4G LTE) mobile broadband and Land Mobile Radio (LMR) networks, delivering fast and efficient data operation combined with mission critical LMR voice connectivity across the nation.
Using 4G LTE, the APX 7000L transmits and receives data, such as Over-the-Air Programming (OTAP) and Over-the-Air Rekeying (OTAR), faster than with standard LMR technology. For instance, a 3 MB file can be sent in 12 seconds over a 4G LTE network, compared to several minutes on portable radios that do not use 4G LTE technology. In addition, confirmation is sent back to the operations center after the over-the-air data has been delivered and installed. And with the APX 7000L’s separate 4G LTE and LMR modes, agents can receive the data while simultaneously using the LMR voice channel.
- The APX 7000L enables access to data coverage on commercial 4G LTE wireless networks and will operate on the nationwide public safety broadband network that the First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet) is developing.
- Roams between 4G LTE and LMR data networks to maintain a continuous link; utilizes LMR data network when 4G LTE coverage is unavailable.
- Integrated GPS receiver enables the outdoor location of an individual to be transmitted to map-based location software for increased safety of personnel in the field.
- Advanced Messaging Service offers a solution for sending and receiving preconfigured or free-form messages efficiently and discreetly between field personnel and support staff in the office, dispatch or command center; also supports Be on the Lookout (BOLO) alerts and CJIS-compliant database queries.
- Dual-band capability to interoperate with other agencies on 700/800 MHz and VHF; meets current P25 and 4G LTE standards to support new technology and data applications.
- Backward and forward compatibility for operation on existing and future systems.
- Includes noise suppression technology and a rugged, easy-to-operate design that are featured in APX series radios for use in challenging environments.
- Validated at Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2 Level 3, offering U.S. government agencies a high level of information assurance and encryption.
- Motorola offers a full suite of services to support the APX 7000L throughout its lifecycle, including support services and training, to help customers plan, implement and run their operations more effectively.
SUPPORTING QUOTES:Brenda Herold, corporate vice president, Global ASTRO® Products and Solutions, Motorola Solutions “The APX 7000L uses 4G LTE mobile broadband networks to reduce the time needed for over-the-air-programming to mere seconds, compared to several minutes on systems that don’t use 4G LTE technology. As the data component works separately and in the background, the LMR voice channel remains available, thereby minimizing downtime and enabling federal agents to focus on their mission.”