Orlando Brewing's Uncle Matt's Organic Grapefruit Pale Ale
Host city: Orlando, Fla.
Florida as a whole is really starting to get the hang of craft beer. Unfortunately, Orlando hasn't contributed much to the conversation until recently.
While Dunedin Brewing gets credit as a pioneer and Cigar City and Funky Buddha push craft boundaries, none of them are in Orlando proper or have drawn much attention to the city's burgeoning brewing scene.That's a shame, as it turns breweries such as Orlando Brewing into hidden gems instead of craft favorites. With an all-organic lineup using as many locally sourced ingredients as possible, Orlando Brewing excels at making the best out of what's around. In the case of this grapefruit pale ale, it found the near perfect citrus complement to its abundance of Citra hops. Tart without being overly bitter, this grapefruit pale ale uses grapefruit zest from Uncle Matt's organic produce to make a refreshing, warm-weather pale ale that, at 6.3% ABV, is more like an IPA than its labeling lets on. In an NCAA town where March temperatures fluctuate from the mid-70s to low 80s, this grapefruit pale ale is a citrus, refreshing Florida cooler that could benefit from a little more exposure.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV