After the bell, shares had added 20.4% to $21.15.
In the three months to December, the biodiesel producer posted net income of $26.5 million, or 61 cents a share, from $6.2 million, or 15 cents a share, in the year-ago quarter. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had forecast net income of $9.85 million or 23 cents a share.
Revenue climbed 68% year over year to $125.6 million. Analysts had expected sales of $75.15 million.Over fiscal 2013, net income of $1.71 a share beat expectations by 39 cents and revenue of $444.9 million was $50.45 million higher than estimates. "FutureFuel enjoyed strong performance in both our chemical and biodiesel business lines. Market conditions combined with superior execution resulted in record revenue and profits for 2013," said FutureFuel president Lee Mikles in a statement. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates FUTUREFUEL CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of A+. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate FUTUREFUEL CORP (FF) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FF Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV