Siemens Industry announced the launch of a customer-focused web tool that allows users to search and find products by industry and application. With a few clicks of a mouse, the Integrated Drive Systems (IDS) web tool showcases equipment solutions for a customer’s unique requirements in oil and gas, mining, cement, power generation, metals and marine applications.
The IDS web tool engages users, inviting them to explore an “island” and discover how IDS can be adapted to their businesses’ most critical application environments. The island is broken down into six industries; the user can then narrow their focus into a specific application. There, the tool displays relevant Siemens product information and provides links to videos, case studies and other industry-specific content for a customized journey tailored to their needs.
“We improved the typical search model. Now users can cut through the product information clutter, searching by industry and application versus spec information alone,” said Bill Baker, senior account manager of Siemens Drive Technologies. “This allows them to better understand where the IDS portfolio fits in their applications so we can best facilitate our solution.”
The tool helps prospective customers pull together different IDS solutions — including drives, motors, couplings and gearboxes — for their unique needs, which makes these complex product options easier to understand. These custom solutions help reduce customers’ project development time, minimize engineering costs and shorten time to profit. The IDS web tool also helps customers shift their perspective regarding how the drive systems for their applications should be designed, specified, installed and operated.Visitors are invited to explore the many assets offered within the tool, including:
- Success stories sharing benefits customers have experienced such as reduced operational costs and improved reliability with IDS
- Videos with experts discussing how IDS enables operations to reduce initial project costs and become operational faster
- Application information highlighting how IDS improves productivity and delivers the lowest cost of operation in critical areas of today’s oil and gas, mining, cement, power generation, metals and marine industries
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts