The survey also indicated that 58 percent of millennials increased their interest in purchasing a home in the past year as the positive attributes of homeownership resonate with this generation. They associate owning a home with happiness (62 percent), independence (61 percent) and achievement (59 percent). Further, millennials view a home as a financial investment (33 percent) and like the thought of calling themselves a homeowner (35 percent).
About the PulteGroup Home Index (PGHI) SurveyThe PulteGroup Home Index (PGHI) survey polled 1,004 U.S. adults ages 25 - 65 to better understand their sentiment about the U.S. economy and how current housing conditions are impacting future homebuyers. The survey was conducted online by Russell Research from February 18 – 25, 2014. Findings for the total sample are projectable to the universe of online adults. At a 95 percent confidence level, a margin of sample error of +/- 6.5 percent applies to the sample.
About PulteGroup, Inc.PulteGroup, Inc. (NYSE: PHM), based in Bloomfield Hills, Mich., is one of America's largest homebuilding companies with operations in approximately 50 markets throughout the country. Through its brand portfolio that includes Centex, Pulte Homes, Del Webb and DiVosta Homes, the company is one of the industry's most versatile homebuilders able to meet the needs of multiple buyer groups and respond to changing consumer demand. PulteGroup conducts extensive research to provide homebuyers with innovative solutions and consumer inspired homes and communities to make lives better.
For more information about PulteGroup, Inc. and PulteGroup brands, go to pultegroupinc.com; www.pulte.com; www.centex.com; www.delwebb.com and www.divosta.com. Follow PulteGroup, Inc. on Twitter: @PulteGroupNews.Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140317/DE84497-INFO SOURCE PulteGroup, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV