TORONTO, March 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
AuRico Gold Inc. (TSX: AUQ) (NYSE: AUQ), AuRico Gold Inc. ("AuRico" or the "Company") today announces the pricing of its private offering of $315 million aggregate principal amount of Senior Secured Second Lien Notes due 2020 (the "Notes"). The Notes were issued with a coupon of 7.75% and sold at 96.524% of par, and are expected to result in net proceeds to the Company of approximately $297 million, after deducting the initial purchasers' discounts and estimated offering expenses payable by the Company. The offering is expected to close on or about March 27, 2014. AuRico intends to use the net proceeds of the Notes to repurchase its Convertible Notes due 2016 (the "Convertible Notes") that are tendered to AuRico's offer announced March 6, 2014 to purchase any and all of its Convertible Notes, to fund principal and interest payments on any Convertible Notes that remain outstanding following the offer to purchase, to repay amounts outstanding under its existing senior secured credit facility and for general corporate purposes, which may include funding capital expenditures to support organic growth.
The offer and sale of the Notes will not be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), and the Notes may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from the registration requirements of the Securities Act and applicable state securities laws. This news release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy the Notes, nor shall there be any offer or sale of the Notes in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful.
All amounts above are in U.S. dollars, unless otherwise indicated.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV