Hagens Berman, a consumer law firm that recently settled a case on behalf of Toyota owners for $1.6 billion, has opened an investigation concerning claims by G.M. (NYSE: GM) car owners of potentially serious defects that could cause the cars’ engine and electrical system to shut off while the autos are in operation in 1.6 million G.M. cars – including operation of the airbag systems – a problem that has sparked a government inquiry and has reportedly led to at least 12 deaths and more than 300 crashes.
Those who have experienced issues with the electric systems shutting down or are concerned with the safety of their G.M. vehicles are urged to contact Hagens Berman by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting www.hbsslaw.com/cases-and-investigations/cases/general-motors.
Earlier this year, G.M. began recalling vehicles in the U.S., including 2005-2007 Chevrolet Cobalts, 2007 Pontiac G5 models and last month extended the recall to include 2003-7 Saturn Ions, 2006-7 Chevrolet HHRs, 2006-7 Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky models.
According to published reports and government documents, G.M. had knowledge of the serious defect as early as 2001, but critics charge that the company ignored warnings of the defect’s severity and did not warn consumers.“We are looking closely at this case and developing a range of legal approaches that we believe will give consumers the best chance at recovering damages from G.M. if the allegations of wrongdoing prove to be true,” said Steve Berman, managing partner of Hagens Berman and lead counsel of the recently completed Toyota sudden unintended acceleration litigation. “The bottom line is that more than a million owners drove cars with a dangerous defect for years because G.M. didn’t want to come clean, and I will use all my resources and experience to figure out the best way to make the owners safe and whole.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV