BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Stocks are pointed definitively higher today, buoyed by the Eurozone's reaction to a vote in Crimea that favors joining Russia, as well as an increase in China's trading band for the yuan.
Looks like Mr. Market got a call from the governor at the 11th hour.
That overseas-driven boost in sentiment for stocks couldn't have come at a better time. U.S. indices are starting to look "toppy" after their nonstop run higher from February's lows, and a correction looks likely as we head into the new week. If this morning's buying pressure holds, it could help to derail a move lower this week. Or more likely, it'll postpone it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV