Cramer said that some companies just "get it right," and Charles River is one of those companies that can go a lot higher.
For the next installment of "Cramer's Playbook," Cramer dove deeper into his rules that all investors should have two portfolios, one for retirement and one for discretionary, and no portfolio should have fewer than five stocks or more than 10.
Cramer explained that in order for any portfolio to be diversified, it needs at least five stocks. But since each stock takes regular homework, investors need to avoid burning out by keeping fewer than 10 names.
But can investors have the same stocks in both portfolios? Absolutely. Cramer said for younger investors especially, these portfolios can be identical. For older investors, however, the retirement portfolio should begin taking on less risk.As an example, Cramer said that stocks like EOG Resources (EOG) and Johnson Controls (JCI) are fine for both portfolios, but he'd go with Salesforce.com (CRM) for a discretionary portfolio, while choosing the more conservative Google (GOOG) for retirement. Likewise in the health care industry, Gilead Sciences (GILD) would be fine for discretionary, while Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) is better suited for retirement.
Lightning RoundIn the Lightning Round, Cramer was bullish on Organovo Holdings (ONVO), St. Jude Medical (STJ), Vodafone Group (VOD), Primerica (PRI) and Sirius XM Radio (SIRI). Cramer was bearish on Bank of Internet (BOFI), Express (EXPR), Nelnet (NNI) and Exact Sciences (EXAS).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV