TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, disagreed slightly, saying the stock has merely underperformed the broader market for a very short period of time.
He said the company's decision to raise the price of its Prime membership should help increase revenue and its new video streaming service could do well, too.
Cramer agreed with Oppenheimer that the stock's current valuation is reasonable, historically speaking. In fact, if investors were to group together the unprofitable, high-growth companies, Amazon would be the cheapest.Turning to Michael Kors (KORS), Barclay's initiated coverage of the stock with a sell rating and an $85 price target. Cramer said the downgrade will "take the Street by surprise" since "this is the momentum retailer everyone has been behind." He said "Kors is a great story" but "it's moved too much for me." Instead, Cramer prefers PVH Corp. (PVH) or G-III Apparel Group (GIII).
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV