Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), a manufacturer of 3D printers and materials for personal use, prototyping and production has selected finalists for the 10 th annual Extreme Redesign 3D Printing Challenge.
A finalist in the college engineering category, Straggling Laces was submitted by Carrie Groskopf and Eric Reid from Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada. Photo: Stratasys
The global contest offers students in middle school, high school and college the opportunity to redesign an existing product or to create a new product that improves how a task is accomplished. Entries are evaluated based on creativity, being mechanically sound and being realistically achievable.
The top-10 finalists in each category (middle school/high school engineering, college engineering and art/architecture) will receive a 3D printed model of their design and a $50 gift card.
During the final round of judging, industry experts will select winners in each category. The judges this year are:
- Todd Grimm (President, T.A. Grimm & Associates)
- Patrick Gannon (Engineering Manager, Thogus/RP+M)
- Tim Shinbara (Technical Director, Association for Manufacturing Technology)
- Rachel Park (Editor-In-Chief, 3D Printing Industry)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV