On March 4 I wrote, Ukraine Is Shaky -- How Can Investors Protect Themselves and Profit? In this story I profiled the bond ETF and on March 7 weakness to $105.60 tested my quarterly value level at $105.67. My monthly value level is $102.79 with the quarterly pivot at $105.67, a weekly risky level at $109.48 and annual risky levels are $114.99 and $116.12.
SPDR Gold Shares ETF (GLD) ($133.10) is above its 21-day, 50-day and 200-day SMAs at $129.24, $124.43 and $125.71 trading to a new 2014 high at $133.69 on Friday which was a test of my quarterly pivot at $133.61. The weekly chart is positive but overbought with its five-week MMA at $127.92. Holding the weekly, monthly and quarterly pivots at $132.89, $132.17 and 133.61, targets the 200-week SMA at $145.08.
Select Sector Utilities Sector SPDR ETF (XLU) ($40.89) is above its 21-day, 50-day and 200-day SMAs at $40.31, $39.18 and $38.36. The weekly chart profile is positive but overbought with the five-week MMA at $40.03. Annual, semiannual, quarterly and monthly pivots are $39.12, $38.88, $38.11 and $38.13 with a semiannual pivot at $40.46, and annual and weekly risky levels at $41.19 and $41.72.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV