According to a report from Financial Times Hertz is close to spinning off the construction equipment rental business in a deal that values the unit at about $4.5 billion. The company is reportedly looking to spin-off the business to shareholders. Hertz is also looking into a reverse Morris trust, which combines and spin-off and a merger.
The construction equipment rental business accounted for $1.1 billion of Hertz's revenue in the first nine months of 2013.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates HERTZ GLOBAL HOLDINGS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate HERTZ GLOBAL HOLDINGS INC (HTZ) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,393.00 million or 43.38% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.71%.
- HERTZ GLOBAL HOLDINGS INC's earnings per share declined by 14.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HERTZ GLOBAL HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.54 versus $0.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.70 versus $0.54).
- The gross profit margin for HERTZ GLOBAL HOLDINGS INC is rather high; currently it is at 53.17%. Regardless of HTZ's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, HTZ's net profit margin of 6.99% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: HTZ Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV