DIY Network has started production on The Shatner Project, slated to premiere in 2014. The five-episode series, produced by Scott Sternberg Productions, will follow the home renovation of actor William Shatner, recognizable to television fans as Star Trek’s original Captain James T. Kirk, commander of the starship U.S.S. Enterprise. Most recently, Shatner starred in the TV series The Practice and Boston Legal and now plays the role of the renegade pitchman in commercials for a popular travel web site.
During the series, Shatner and his wife Liz, with the help of a construction team, will gut their 1970s-style California home, including the kitchen, living room and dining room. The couple also will renovate the front patio area in order to create the perfect place for big family parties, as well as remodel Shatner’s favorite hangout spot, the media room.
“I am embracing change,” said Shatner. “Our home will be unfamiliar territory for a while but I am excited by all of it.”
About DIY NetworkDIY Network, from the makers of HGTV and Food Network, is the go-to destination for rip-up, knock-out home improvement television. Currently in more than 58 million homes, DIY Network’s programming covers a broad range of categories, including home improvement and landscaping. The network’s award-winning website, DIYNetwork.com, consistently ranks among America's top home and garden Internet destinations for entertaining videos, home improvement advice, step-by-step instructions, message boards, blogs, an interactive program guide and more. Headquartered in Knoxville, Tenn., DIY Network is wholly owned by Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. ( SNI).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV