SAN DIEGO, March 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Navy has awarded General Dynamics NASSCO a $128.5 million contract for the detail design and construction of the Mobile Landing Platform (MLP) 3 Afloat Forward Staging Base (AFSB). NASSCO is a business unit of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD).
Under the terms of the contract, NASSCO will provide the detail design and construction efforts to convert the MLP 3 to an AFSB variant. The work will be performed at NASSCO's San Diego shipyard and scheduled to be completed by October 2015.
The MLP AFSB is a flexible platform and a key element in the Navy's large-scale airborne mine countermeasure mission. The ship is designed to facilitate a wide variety of future mission sets in support of special operations. With accommodations for 250 personnel and a large helicopter flight deck, the MLP AFSB will provide a highly capable and affordable asset to the Navy and Marine Corps.
More information about NASSCO, a business unit of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), can be found at www.nassco.com.More information about General Dynamics is available at www.generaldynamics.com. SOURCE General Dynamics NASSCO
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV