Earthquake Shakes Los Angeles
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Los Angeles has been hit with a 4.4 magnitude earthquake, according to media reports.
Citing data from the U.S. Geological survey, the LA Times reported that the quake occurred five miles from Westwood at 9:25 AM EDT. There were no reports of injuries, according the LA Times, which said that the quake was felt over a large area of Southern California.
TheStreet's Rocco Pendola was in Santa Monica, Calif., seven miles from the epicenter, and described the quake as the strongest that he had ever felt.
Major jolt/shake here. RT @BruceDetterich: Slow roller mostly. Not much lag between P and S. Orange hills here, next to VP. Rocco Pendola (@Rocco_TheStreet) March 17, 2014-- Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >Contact by Email.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV