Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, announces the availability of Nuance eCopy® ShareScan® v5.2, which includes a new eMail and Folder Watching Service. Utilizing the processing power of ShareScan, Canon imageRUNNER and imageRUNNER ADVANCE users can further optimize their business systems by simplifying electronic workflows, and improving productivity through the new eMail and Folder Watching Service. This new service extends image and document capture capabilities to a wider variety of devices, including mobile devices.
“Nuance’s eCopy ShareScan is an important piece of Canon’s diverse software offerings and capabilities,” said Sam Yoshida vice president and general manager, Marketing, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. “With ShareScan v5.2, the addition of the new eMail and Folder Watching Service can truly optimize business processes by giving a mobile workforce access to advanced document capabilities and automated workflows.”
The new eMail and Folder Watching Service aims to drive additional customer value and extend the already beneficial capabilities of ShareScan outside the realm of the embedded MEAP application. The added capabilities of the service include:
- The capability for users to scan a document from virtually any scanner, or receive a scanned PDF or TIFF file, and simply send it to a designated folder or email address monitored by eCopy’s watching service. The service can then move the document into an eCopy workflow or, using the software’s optical character recognition (OCR) capabilities, return the document as a fully formatted Microsoft® Word or Excel document back to the user to allow them to easily edit the material.
- The ability to incorporate content from remote workers, partners, customers or satellite offices directly into business processes. Users can now easily email attachments from any capable smartphone or tablet or use the syncing capabilities of their cloud service to deliver documents or photos to the watching service, which can be set up to insert the captured image or document into an eCopy workflow.
Through the use of Canon’s MEAP enabled imageRUNNER and imageRUNNER ADVANCE devices, ShareScan v5.2 provides a customizable and embedded image and document capture platform that enables users to streamline scanning processes for creating electronic documents and sending them into automated workflows or to document management systems.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts