NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Yahoo!
(YHOO) rose Monday after Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba confirmed plans to go public on the New York Stock Exchange. Yahoo! owns a 24% stake in Alibaba.
Alibaba's initial public offering could raise as much as $15 billion in what would be the biggest initial public offering since Facebook (FB). Alibaba has enjoyed immense success in the Chinese market. The IPO could valued the company at about $100 billion.
Yahoo! shares rose 2.8% to $38.65.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 43.47% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 66.65% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, YHOO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry average. The net income increased by 27.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $272.27 million to $348.19 million.
- Although YHOO's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.08 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.30, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for YAHOO INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.75%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 27.50% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: YHOO Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts