DUBLIN, Ohio, March 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- A recent audience-research study conducted by Nielsen found that Cardinal Health's digital advertising network for retail pharmacies, called Pharmacy Health Network, is an effective way for advertisers to market products to consumers at the point-of-purchase.
Pharmacy Health Network broadcasts advertisements and educational content to flat-panel LCD screens placed in retail pharmacies, enabling advertisers to target consumers while they wait for prescriptions to be filled. Nielsen interviewed consumers as they were leaving Pharmacy Health Network locations. The study revealed that 94 percent of those surveyed said that their pharmacist or physician was their primary information resource when researching health and wellness products.
Sixty three percent of viewers recalled advertisements on Pharmacy Health Network; and 91 percent of viewers indicated that the Pharmacy Health Network was informative; while 74 percent indicated ads are more believable when viewed in a pharmacy.
This research also found that:
- Approximately half (49%) of viewers surveyed indicated that they felt encouraged to discuss a product or brand they had seen on Pharmacy Health Network with their pharmacist;
- Forty eight percent indicated that after seeing ads on Pharmacy Health Network, they felt motivated to discuss those products or brands with their physicians;
- Thirteen percent of consumers who have seen ads on the Pharmacy Health Network have purchased those products or brands; and
- The average audience dwell time in proximity to the screen is just under twelve minutes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV