NORTH CANTON, Ohio, March 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The same amount of power required to run a traditional incandescent light bulb can power the Diebold 429 automated teller machine (ATM). And you may even have some energy left over. The world's first intelligent-powered ATM, created by Diebold, Incorporated (NYSE: DBD), is also the world's greenest and most power efficient. Currently available in the Indian market, the Diebold 429 ATM can operate on as little as 70 watts of power, consuming up to 40 percent less energy than other models. With these savings, a bank operating a fleet of 2,000 Diebold 429 ATMs could save enough energy annually to power more than 1,200 Indian households.
The Diebold 429 offers a solution for financial institutions to better serve people living in areas with limited power. In India for example, approximately 40 percent of the country's population is underbanked. The country faces inconsistent power availability in many rural areas, which renders most ATMs inactive during outages. Diebold was the industry's only global ATM provider with the ability to deliver a workable solution that met India's uninterruptible power supply requirements. Diebold is delivering 2,100 Diebold 429 ATMs for India's Bank of Baroda (BoB), making it possible for BoB to expand self-service options to locations – and consumers – it could not previously reach.
The Diebold 429 is equipped with a smart power management system that continuously monitors the total power needed to operate and perform transactions. The system automatically chooses which power source to draw from – either the internal battery or alternating current (AC) power grid – ensuring that the unit does not exceed 100 watts of power usage. To further reduce power consumption from the energy grid, the terminal can use solar power as a third power source.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV