Winners will be chosen by the brand to all receive an all-expenses paid trip to the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil ™, tickets to a football match and a three-day stay at the Budweiser Hotel in Rio de Janeiro.* To celebrate these heroes and give them the recognition they deserve, Budweiser and VICE will also create a short film of the winners to further showcase their individual stories.
In addition to the stories submitted by fans around the world, Budweiser and VICE are creating a series of short digital episodes that follow the same campaign thematic and will tell five incredible and inspiring contemporary stories from around the globe. They are:
- From Brazil, "Football is Believing" – a highly competitive form of the sport played by blind and partially-sighted athletes and this film follows as one of the top teams in Brazil tries to pull a new player out of isolation.
- In Koh Panyee, a tiny island floating off the coast of Thailand , a group of football-crazed fisherman encountered a unique problem in that there was no land to play the beautiful game. This short explores how a group of friends came up with an idea that would eventually spawn one of the most successful football clubs in southern Thailand.
- Situated in the Darfur region in Eastern Chad, the Djabal Refugee Camp is home to six tribes, many of whom have been in conflict for centuries. Darfur United is the first team ever established to represent the region in international sports.
- This film explores the growing grassroots football sub-cultures developing in unexpected places in China . Follow one of Beijing's most prestigious independent teams to a Naxi village in the rural southwest to see what happens when old and new China mix on the pitch.
- In Texas, we follow the best amputee footballers in America as they come together for tryouts and the team's first training camp in hopes of representing their country in the Amputee Football World Cup.
Available to view on www.RiseAsOne.com, these digital shorts will serve as inspiration for the "Budweiser Heroes" program which will focus on fan-submitted stories exploring how football sparks heroism and brings people and communities together for altruistic pursuits.
For more details on Budweiser's creative content series and the
Rise As One campaign, visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV