SAN FRANCISCO, March 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Prologis Inc. (NYSE: PLD), the leading global owner, operator and developer of industrial real estate, today announced it has signed two build-to-suit agreements totaling 244,000 square feet (22,600 square meters) in Europe.
The agreements include:
- A 123,000 square foot (11,400 square meter) facility at The Bridge in Dartford, U.K., with SEM, a high-tech manufacturing group. The Bridge is a 264-acre joint venture development between Prologis and the Dartford Borough Council. The facility is designed to achieve a minimum BREEAM 2011 'very good' accreditation and the best Energy Performance Certificate rating possible for its size; and
- A 121,000 square foot (11,200 square meter) logistics facility at Prologis Park Szczecin with Prime Cargo, a Danish third-party logistics company. Located at the center of the motorway network in northwest Poland, the new building will serve as a distribution center for Prime Cargo's customers in Scandinavia.
"The limited supply of high-quality logistics facilities is driving build-to-suit requirements in Europe," said Philip Dunne, president, Prologis Europe. "Our well-located land bank enables us to continue meeting our customers' immediate distribution needs in a variety of markets across the region."
Prologis is the leading provider of industrial real estate in Europe, with approximately 149 million square feet (13.9 million square meters) of logistics and distribution space as of December 31, 2013.ABOUT PROLOGIS Prologis Inc., is the leading owner, operator and developer of industrial real estate, focused on global and regional markets across the Americas, Europe and Asia. As of December 31, 2013, Prologis owned or had investments in, on a consolidated basis or through unconsolidated joint ventures, properties and development projects expected to total approximately 569 million square feet (52.9 million square meters) in 21 countries. These properties are leased to more than 4,500 customers, including third-party logistics providers, transportation companies, retailers, manufacturers and other enterprises. The statements in this release that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations, estimates and projections about the industry and markets in which Prologis operates, management's beliefs and assumptions made by management. Such statements involve uncertainties that could significantly impact Prologis' financial results. Words such as "expects," "anticipates," "intends," "plans," "believes," "seeks," "estimates," and variations of such words and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements, which generally are not historical in nature. All statements that address operating performance, events or developments that we expect or anticipate will occur in the future—including statements relating to rent and occupancy growth, development activity and changes in sales or contribution volume of properties, disposition activity, general conditions in the geographic areas where we operate, our debt and financial position, our ability to form new co-investment ventures and the availability of capital in existing or new co-investment ventures — are forward-looking statements. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions that are difficult to predict. Although we believe the expectations reflected in any forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, we can give no assurance that our expectations will be attained and therefore, actual outcomes and results may differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements. Some of the factors that may affect outcomes and results include, but are not limited to: (i) national, international, regional and local economic climates, (ii) changes in financial markets, interest rates and foreign currency exchange rates, (iii) increased or unanticipated competition for our properties, (iv) risks associated with acquisitions, dispositions and development of properties, (v) maintenance of real estate investment trust ("REIT") status and tax structuring, (vi) availability of financing and capital, the levels of debt that we maintain and our credit ratings, (vii) risks related to our investments in our co-investment ventures and funds, including our ability to establish new co-investment ventures and funds, (viii) risks of doing business internationally, including currency risks, (ix) environmental uncertainties, including risks of natural disasters, and (x) those additional factors discussed in reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission by Prologis under the heading "Risk Factors." Prologis undertakes no duty to update any forward-looking statements appearing in this release.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV