Kulicke and Soffa Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: KLIC) ("Kulicke & Soffa", "K&S" or the "Company") today announced the expansion of its Advanced Copper Solution (ACS) Series Capillaries, with the addition of ACS Max TM and ACS Lite TM.
The ACS Series of capillaries are based on the Company’s advanced material development and deep-rooted application knowledge. This family of capillaries offers production benefits for various copper wire bonding applications and has been expanded to serve the broader copper market:
- The ACS Pro TM, first launched at SEMICON Taiwan in Sept of 2013, is the best fit for ultra-fine pitch and advanced copper wire bonding applications with a bond pad pitch range of 40-69 microns.
- The new ACS Max TM is targeted for advanced package carrier families, such as mid-pin count QFP, QFN, PPF, uPPF and leadframes with a bond pad pitch range of 70-120 microns.
- The new ACS Lite TM is targeted for low-pin count applications, such as discrete & powered integrated circuit applications using large wire diameters and a bond pad pitch in excess of 120 microns.
Nelson Wong, Kulicke & Soffa's Vice President, Wire Bond Solutions Business Unit, remarked, "Aligned with our leading position in copper wire bonding, the introduction of ACS Max TM and ACS Lite TM further enhances our customer’s ability to create high quality bonds using larger diameter copper wire. The unique design dynamics of the ACS Series drive cost of ownership benefits by enabling a wider process window and more consistent bond quality throughout the capillary’s life.”
The ACS Max TM and ACS Lite TM Capillaries will debut at the SEMICON China show at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre, Booth #3417, from March 18-20, 2014.About Kulicke & Soffa Kulicke & Soffa (NASDAQ: KLIC) is a global leader in the design and manufacture of semiconductor and LED assembly equipment. As a pioneer in this industry, K&S has provided customers with market leading packaging solutions for decades. In recent years, K&S has expanded its product offerings through strategic acquisitions, adding wedge bonding and a broader range of expendable tools to its core ball bonding products. Combined with its extensive expertise in process technology, K&S is well positioned to help customers meet the challenges of assembling the next-generation semiconductor and LED devices. ( www.kns.com)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV