- Carrier reduced its on-site potable water consumption by 96 percent, the projected equivalent of more than 1.2 million gallons conserved each year. In addition to low-flow fixtures, the factory recycles condensate water for use in toilets and uses 100 percent recycled water for landscaping.
- Through rigorous planning and a concerted use of recyclable materials, the company was able to recycle or divert from landfills 89 percent of its excess construction materials.
- The facility promotes the use of public transportation through a company-provided bus service, which transports employees between the factory and nearby public bus stops serving eight routes.
- In addition to ensuring that 100 percent of applicable materials met LEED low-emission standards, the factory earned exemplary performance for its design, which allows 97 percent of the building's regularly occupied areas to receive LEED-recommended levels of daylight.
- The factory's commitment to sustainability carries over to its ongoing operation. Carrier has implemented a green cleaning policy, which reduces the use of chemicals in the building, and also works to ensure its landscape management respects the environment.
- Finally, in addition to completing LEED's enhanced commissioning process, the project also completed "envelope" commissioning. Expanded to include the verification of exterior wall resilience, the process ensures the building functions as designed.
Carrier's Newest Manufacturing Facility Earns Leadership In Energy And Environmental Design Gold Certification From The U.S. Green Building CouncilA®
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts