- A grant to Aldeas Infantiles SOS Péru, funded in conjunction with Western Union Agent DHL Express (Péru), will support the GoTeach program, which empowers disadvantaged youth to achieve an independent life through a multi-stage educational program that is designed to prepare them for employment.
- The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) will receive a grant to support the NGO’s ongoing work with the Bright China Foundation (BCF) to implement a classroom-based “Business Camp” curriculum in vocational schools across nine Chinese provinces. The collaboration between NFTE and BCF reaches approximately 38,000 students in China.
- The International Rescue Committee has been awarded a grant to help fund the Youth & Livelihoods in Ethiopia program. The grant will allow the IRC to develop an entrepreneurship and business skills training curriculum and toolkit, which addresses the critical need to enable financial education among refugee youth in Ethiopia.
- Pratham USA will receive a grant to expand the Arora Institute for Vocational Training. Pratham will set up residential and non-residential training Centers in up to 17 states in India to address the need of employability and the acquisition of industry-specific skills among India’s youth.
The Western Union Foundation Continues To Support Global Education Initiatives With Fourth Quarter Grants Of US$1.15 Million
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.