FORT WORTH, Texas, March 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- APEC -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the industry's smallest 12-A, synchronous DC/DC buck converter with PMBus interface. The SWIFT TPS53915 converter features a tiny PowerStack ™ QFN package and integrated NexFET ™ MOSFETS to drive ASICs in space-constrained and power-dense applications in a variety of markets, including wired and wireless communications, enterprise/cloud computing and storage systems. Used in conjunction with TI's award-winning WEBENCH ® online design tools, the TPS53915 simplifies power conversion and speeds the design process. For more information, samples and an evaluation module, visit www.ti.com/TPS53915-pr.
The TPS53915 will be demonstrated in TI's booth #805 at the Applied Power Electronics Conference and Expo (APEC) in Fort Worth, Texas, March 17-19.
The highly integrated converter features 0.5 percent reference voltage accuracy to meet voltage requirements of deep sub-micron processors. D-CAP3 ™ adaptive on-time control mode is easy to use, provides very fast load transient response and reduces external component count. Programmability and fault reporting via PMBus simplifies power supply design and further reduces component count. Watch a video demonstration of the TPS53915.
For analog applications without PMBus control, TI offers the SWIFT 8-A TPS53513 and 12-A TPS53515 pin-to-pin compatible buck converters. For more information on all of TI's SWIFT products, click here.TPS53915 key features and benefits
- Integrated high- and low-side MOSFETs support 12-A continuous output current.
- On-chip PMBus interface simplifies power supply design.
- D-CAP3 adaptive on-time control mode eliminates output capacitors and requires no loop compensation, which minimizes the external component count.
- Auto-skipping Eco-mode ™ provides high light-load efficiency.
- 28-pin, 3.5-mm by 4.5-mm by 1-mm PowerStack QFN package features TI's NexFET power MOSFETs stacked on a grounded lead frame and connected using copper clips. The unique combination of stacking and bonding allows for a smaller, more integrated quad flat no-lead (QFN) package compared to other solutions that place MOSFETs side by side. Watch a video on PowerStack package technology.
- Other features include no external compensation, internal soft start, input under-voltage protection, internal bootstrap capacitor and thermal shutdown.
- Follow # TIdoesAPEC on Twitter to keep up with what TI is doing at APEC, including videos of demonstrations, Power House blogs and not-to-miss technical sessions.
- Get more information on all of TI's SWIFT DC/DC converters.
- Design a complete power management system online with TI's WEBENCH Power Designer.
- Search for solutions, get help and share knowledge in the Power Management forum in the TI E2E™ Community.
- Download power reference designs from TI's PowerLab™ Reference Design Library.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV