RWE to Sell Oil Production Unit to LetterOne Group
BERLIN -- German energy company RWE AG says it plans to sell its oil and gas exploration and production division to LetterOne Group in a deal valuing the business at about 5.1 billion euros ($7.1 billion).
RWE announced last year it had decided to abandon crude oil and natural gas production and was considering options for selling the RWE Dea AG unit. It said then the move would remove pressure on future capital spending and improve its financial situation.
A brief RWE statement Sunday said the two sides have agreed on terms for the sale and "major contractual conditions" and will clarify further details shortly to conclude a sale agreement. It said the deal will require approval by RWE's directors and authorities in several countries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV