BERLIN -- Germany's Allianz SE (ALV) is to buy part of Italian insurer UnipolSai's property and casualty insurance business in a deal worth up to 440 million euros ($612 million).
Allianz said in a statement late Saturday that the business had premiums last year of 1.1 billion euros and has 500 employees serving 1.5 million customers in Italy.
Allianz board member Oliver Baete said the deal "enables us to grow our market share in a very mature but highly profitable market."
The deal requires regulatory approval.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV