BATESVILLE, Ind., March 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- This week Hill-Rom (NYSE: HRC) is featuring the Progressa® bed system, the next generation of intensive care unit (ICU) bed systems, at the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) annual meeting in Orlando, Fla. The Progressa bed system is a therapeutic system designed to treat and prevent complications of immobility. It features a state-of-the-art design that supports treatment goals and was engineered to help address patient migration via its StayInPlace™ technology.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/66137-hill-rom-new-progressa-bed-system
"Addressing mobility needs and protecting patients from adverse events, such as pressure ulcers, are major challenges for critical care nurses," says Melissa Fitzpatrick, RN, MSN, FAAN, Vice President and Chief Clinical Officer at Hill-Rom. "We've worked closely with nursing experts to pioneer clinical practices, programs and products like the Progressa bed system that leverage technology to enable therapy delivery while easing the lifting and repositioning burden that can cause harm to nurses."
Patients at Risk of Complications, Caregivers at Risk for InjuriesThe Progressa bed system's exclusive StayInPlace technology is a major advance in addressing the needs of a patient's body when seated or partially seated. When moving from lying down to an upright position, a patient's body naturally elongates. In a traditional bed, the result is increased pressure on the lower back and a tendency to "migrate" toward the foot of the bed. The Progressa bed system is the first and only bed to actually extend along with the patient when moving from lying to sitting. As the patient sits up, the bed extends, providing continuous support and addressing migration.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV