On 3/18/14, Retail Properties of America, Inc's 7.00% Series A Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock (RPAI.PRA) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.4375, payable on 3/31/14. As a percentage of RPAI.PRA's recent share price of $24.43, this dividend works out to approximately 1.79%, so look for shares of RPAI.PRA to trade 1.79% lower — all else being equal — when RPAI.PRA shares open for trading on 3/18/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 7.16%, which compares to an average yield of 7.40% in the "Real Estate" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, RPAI.PRA was trading at a 2.12% discount to its liquidation preference amount. The chart below shows the one year performance of RPAI.PRA shares, versus RPAI:
Below is a dividend history chart for RPAI.PRA, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.4375 on Retail Properties of America, Inc's 7.00% Series A Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Retail Properties of America, Inc (RPAI) makes up 2.27% of the iShares Retail Real Estate Capped ETF (RTL) which is trading higher by about 0.3% on the day Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV