On 3/18/14, Citigroup Inc's 7.125% Fixed Rate/Floating Rate Noncumulative Preferred Stock, Series J (C.PRJ) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.4453, payable on 3/31/14. As a percentage of C.PRJ's recent share price of $26.67, this dividend works out to approximately 1.67%, so look for shares of C.PRJ to trade 1.67% lower — all else being equal — when C.PRJ shares open for trading on 3/18/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 6.68%, which compares to an average yield of 5.66% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, C.PRJ was trading at a 6.60% premium to its liquidation preference amount. Investors should keep in mind that the shares are not cumulative, meaning that in the event of a missed payment, the company does not have to pay the balance of missed dividends to preferred shareholders before resuming a common dividend. The chart below shows the one year performance of C.PRJ shares, versus C:
Below is a dividend history chart for C.PRJ, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.4453 on Citigroup Inc's 7.125% Fixed Rate/Floating Rate Noncumulative Preferred Stock, Series J:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Citigroup Inc (C) makes up 6.91% of the iShares U.S. Financial Services ETF (IYG) which is trading lower by about 0.6% on the day Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV