NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Parkervision (PRKR) rose 8.57% to $5.32 at 1:35 p.m. on Friday after the company, which develops and markets semiconductor technology solutions for wireless applications, closed the sale of some of its common stock.
The company sold 2,666,666 shares at $4.50 a share for net proceeds of approximately $11.9 million. More than 1.1 million shares had changed hands just after 1:30 p.m., more than the average volume of 704,553.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV