For the fourth quarter the oil producer posted earnings of 1 cent a share, missing analysts' estimates of 6 cents a share by 5 cents. Revenue grew 41.7% from the year-ago quarter to $26.72 million. Analysts expected revenue of $26.91 million.
"Gastar's fourth quarter results partially reflect the benefits of our recent acquisitions and divestitures, which resulted in a more favorable production mix with 39% of total volumes comprised of higher-value liquids," Gastar president and CEO J. Russell Porter said in a press release. " As a result, revenue from production and adjusted EBITDA were up sharply quarter over quarter, as well as year over year. We believe our recent acquisitions will result in significant future production growth that will yield solid returns going forward."
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. GST data by YCharts STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV