NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Citigroup upgraded Alon USA Partners LP (ALDW) to hold from buy but TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, said Monday he is focused on other names in the energy sector.
The refiners continue to get European pricing on oil at a time when there is also a "glut" of oil in the Permian basin, Cramer said, So these companies' margins are "exploding." Cramer said the stocks should continue to perform well since they are undervalued. They report earnings in May.
He said Marathon Petroleum could climb to $100.Turning to Lorillard (LO), Goldman Sachs upgraded the stock to buy from hold. Cramer said the stock is "not expensive," and could be considered a takeover target. The company controls half of the "no-smoke" cigarette market and the stock can go higher, he concluded.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV