Cramer said the unit is worth about $4.5 billion. Shareholders should be pleased. The company has an enterprise value of $28 billion -- with quite a bit of debt -- and a market cap of only $12 billion.
A lot of hedge funds are also involved in the stock, he said, and it will be interesting to see if they take profits on Monday's news or stay invested in the company.
Turning to Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
(REGN), Citigroup upgraded the stock to buy from hold. But Cramer questions the timing of the call, saying the analyst is a little late to the party.
Cramer called Regeneron's Leonard Schleifer "one of my favorite CEOs."
- - Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV